ReadyPlayer.me Avatar Creator Board

Now that Vircadia has first party support for the ReadyPlayer.me avatar blendshapes I’ve updated the app used by the board in the hub to no longer use an FST wrapper service and instead link to the GLB’s directly. The FST wrapper service will continue to be available should anyone have bookmarked/favourited existing avatars.

If anyone would like to have the ReadyPlayer.me avatar creator board as seen in the hub in their own domain, you can import the following JSON file to set one up:

https://hifi-utils.jollysoft.com/HiFiApps/ReadyPlayerMe/advertAndInstaller/rpmAdSign.json

3 Likes

You can also find it on the website under “Metaverse” → “Create Avatar”. :slight_smile:

Hello. I’m newcomer with Vircadia. How and where I should upload this script to use readyplayer avatars in my localhost server? Thank you in advance!

Been a while, but from memory in the create app you use the Import from .JSON button.

hi kalila
can i use avatar from ready player me in my localhost server? tq in advanced

It depends which interface you are using. If it’s the native interface then no, as there’s currently a bug in the native interface that causes crashes when loading ReadyPlayerMe avatars. If it’s the web-interface then yes ReadyPlayerMe avatars are fully supported.