MakeAvatar Beta

I published MakeAvatar Beta today. Keep your eyes open for tutorials.

http://makeavatar.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

Tutorials:

1) Basic Usage
2) How to create and upload hair assets
3) How to create and upload attachments
4) How to make your own alpha masked skins.

5 Likes

Just joined to say - I have been looking forward to the beta. Giving it a shot now. Cannot wait to see the other tutorials :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#UPDATE: I removed the “Move Horizontally” slider and replaced it with the “Size” slider. The Move Horizontally morph creates an instability in the eyes. I’ll return it if I ever get it to work properly…

http://makeavatar.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

1 Like

I made some changes behind the scenes to improve usability. Namely, whenever you change sexes the sex is carried in the url and the page is reloaded. There is a weird issue with the way browsers cache the information concerning the avatar. This can cause some unpredictable morphing issues. It occurs if you edit, switch sexes and switch back. It can also occur if you try to open an avatar.json file and then attempt to open another… in this case I have disabled the open button after you load the avatar. If you click the refresh button you can load a different model.

I will work on posting some tuts this weekend… Oh, and I tested positive for Covid today. Nothing but fun around here… ?;O)

1 Like

I added the ability to upload your own custom eye skins… you will find the option at the bottom of the Eyes tab…

1 Like

Fixed issues found in the demo. Fixed the female eyebrows 2, 3 and 4. Female tennis shoe #7 seems to be working fine now. I also could not replicate the strange error when loading the saved avatar.json file. I think that the tennis shoe and avatar.json file issues are due to that weird cache issue.

1 Like

I have added links to download the skins used on the avatars. You can find them in the Atch section of the wearables… This way people can start to create their own custom skins… also, you can now download the mannequins needed to create attachments.

2 Likes

Added links to high resolution skins and eyes…

2 Likes

I used it to make a scaly demon :slight_smile: retextured in blender with the substance plugin.

4 Likes

You can almost stretch out the corners of his head and make horns pretty easily! or… you can find some horns and attach them as a hair model in MakeAvatar.

1 Like

Returned the eyes size slider with improved sizing. Also added Eyeball Placement sliders to allow people to tweak the eyeball and fix should they get eschew.

I have also fixed the strange morphing issues and the morph bug between tabs has been fixed.

Added brow sliders to control the brow shape… Fixed the Cleft Chin issue where it was adding a double chin when maxed out.

Whew! Finally fixed the pesky eyelash/eyebrow morph offset! Next I will go back and rework all the attachments… nothing visually noticeable yet a performance adjustment.

So my work list is moving along. Does anyone see any value in adding emotion blend shapes. Is this a feature we are looking for?

X. set eyeball placement sliders to have their own influence array
X. Add brow morphs male, female
X. Fix more cleft chin on male to not include double chin
X. figure how to set all morph oldvals individually
X. Fix eyebrows/eyelashes to move with facial morphs
6. Add emotions
7. Create Faces Pipeline
8. Improve UI
9. Add Rocket clothes

I have thought up about 21 emotions I can embed not including visomes… Tell me what you think.

Amazed
Anger
Attention
Bored
Chuckle
Cry
Determined
Disgust
Fear
Fright
Grimace
Hurt
Laugh
Sad
Skeptical
Smile
Smirk
Sneer
Stress
Stunned
Threatened

There was a bug that crept in when I added Faces back in. It appears this had a number of morphing blocking side effects and prevented people from saving their work. This has been fixed.