How to use domain server Broadcasting settings?

I want deploy some domain server, it has same content, users logined in a server can see and hear other users logined in other server.
I found the Broadcasting settings, but no document or usage found, need help

Hi all.
I have similar question.
I deployed vircadia in my localServer ( not AWS but in private network that has quite limited bandwidth to internet). It goes as follows:

When all user ( local user and oversea user) all connected to the localserver, they can not use vircadia because the network issuse (we have done a lots of optimization, including making all the resources as local resources and pack it in the installation package, thus to reduce the network request for models态avatars etc)
But still , user can not hear other people clearly because the limitation of the bandwidth.

Therefore, I was wondering does vircadia allow us to deploy a replicate server. which goes as follows:

Local User connect to Localserver while Oversea user connect to oversea server . and the local server will communicat with the oversea server. Thus to reduce the bandwidth pressure.
I see in the domain server, there is a broacasting function , and which seems to solved this problem, but it does not work after we try itā€¦ I am wondering can broacasting help to solved this problem and is there any documentation of this that we can refer to .

Many thanks.

I think what you are working through is the very issue Iā€™ve been wondering about myselfā€¦ If the architects had this in mind when they created the broadcasting function that would be insanely cool! Perhaps one of the more seasoned developers might knowā€¦ Iā€™m going to re-post your question on the Discord to see if anyone chimes inā€¦ I dug through the documentation and there is no mention of it.

Hereā€™s your answer: vegaslon ā€” Today at 5:28 PM

broadcast is a one way function, the idea is you can have a public speaker that can do their thing and it will be replicated to many instances of the same domain

Thank you very much for your help. We will try to find some other ways and will tell you when I have this problem solvedā€¦

I may be wrong, but I think even if you could get this working your local server would still need to handle the same bandwidth. Even if all the users in groups B connect to ā€œoversea serverā€, that server would have to relay all of that traffic to ā€œlocal serverā€ in order for the users in group A to hear and see what is going on.

What sort of user numbers are you looking at in your A and B groups? The bandwidth required by each client is relatively linear, so the short term solution might be to optimise the location where you host a single server.

Yes. I agree with you .
The original Vircadia architecture will need to handle the same bandwidth. Even if all the users in the group B connect to ā€œoversea serverā€.
We analyse the bandwidh consumption and fiind out that audio mixier take up nearly 50% of the bandwidth, while avatar mixer another 25%.
We can understand this, because we use stereo sound and every client will get a different realtime audio according to the avatarā€™s position and rotation.
So when more users on line at the same time, the bigger bandwith it will comsume. Therefore, we are trying to make some modification: We disable the fantastic stereo audio mixer and rewrote another one, and in this new audio mixer, everyone in a same zone will get the same audio result . this is quite similar to our traditional web meeting. and in this case, the bandwidth will be greatly reduced if a replicate server is depolyed oversea.
But this seems to be a very tough jobā€¦

1 Like