Deploy this in my own ubuntu 20.04 server

Hello,
I am new hear, I am very exited to be with this community.
I would like to deploy this in my own ubuntu 20.04 server. do you have any step by step instruction.
any help will be appreciated,

Thank you

1 Like

I did prepare an image valid for deploying 2022.1.0 (Selene) on a server on Ubuntu 20.04. But you have to install docker.
If you already have docker installed on your hardware the easy thing would be to just cloning a repository from github and then launching a couple of lines

> git clone https://github.com/Misterblue/vircadia-domain-server-docker.git
> cd vircadia-domain-server-docker/
> export DOCKER_REPOSITORY=pakkio
> ./run-domain-server.sh

This had been tested on Hetzner with Ubuntu 20.04 and worked. Then you have to go to http://yourip:40100 and proceed with first installation.

Thank you @salahzar , i’ll try and update you
Thank you again

@salahzar thank you, it worked.
so i am at this stage, It’s try to connect metaverse account and it’s goes to Vircadia Metaverse

but i don;t wanted to login with VirCadia, run it as a separate. how do i over come this?

Thank you

1 Like

I am happy you could actually use the docker image produced with mrblue docker manager and docker builder :slight_smile:
Regarding the metaverse login server, you should probably refer to this scheme to understand the Vircadia architecture (from the page Understand the Architecture — Vircadia Documentation):

So what you need is to have an authentication server instead of the standard metaverse server provided as default.

The instructions to run a similar server are probably hidden in this page vircadia-metaverse/RunningDockerImage.md at master · vircadia/vircadia-metaverse · GitHub if you want to use docker, but I didnt try this so far (but really interested). For me this is as well next step to have a fully indipendent architecture. Probably some core developers can help in clarifying steps needed. I am still newbie on this aspect.

Being able to run your own metaverse server is however what I consider the real difference that allows you to run it without any external dependencies. If you have any luck on this task, please inform me and the community :slight_smile:

Thank you, i’ll am very newbie to this, let me try and update you
Thank you for all your help
Thanks again

1 Like

Hi,

what about the DEB installation package https://cdn.vircadia.com/dist/domain-server/ubuntu/vircadia-server_2022.1.0-selene-20211126-aabcdea-0ubuntu1-1_amd64.deb.

Does this work with Ubuntu 20.04, or is a 18.04 system obligatory for that?

I would really only expect that .deb to work on Ubuntu 18.04.

I’ve tried this out meanwhile: installation fails at first due to a missing dependency, as libdouble-conversion3 is installed in 20.04 per default instead of libdouble-conversion1. After downloading and installing libdouble-conversion1 manually, Vircadia could be installed without further problems.

So far, I have not noticed any obvious problems or malfunctions of the running domain server.

1 Like

I can confirm .deb file server works perfectly in Ubuntu 20.04. Just needs libdouble-conversion1 as was mentioned. I wrote down what I did here:

1 Like